- The Richland County Law Library Resources Board has outlined the following public access guidelines for the Law Library per O.R.C. 307.51(D)(1)(b).
- When the Librarian is available to assist the general public during the work week except holidays, unscheduled or necessary closures and emergencies, the Law Library will be available on Thursdays from 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. or by calling 419.774.5595 to schedule a specific appointment.
- The Librarian will accommodate your scheduling and research needs to the best of her abilities. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Reference Services Policy
- The Law Librarian will assist users in the location of information and materials needed to support legal research and offer instruction in the use of these tools. Reference service does not include performing research for the user or the offering of legal advice or opinions.
- The Law Librarian may offer library services to assist legal professionals in their research efforts, but they are not authorized to give legal advice or practice law.
- The user will remain the person solely responsible for the quality and quantity of the research regardless of the amount of assistance provided. Likewise, the user is solely responsible for any advice, counsel and conduct with respect to his or her client(s).