CASH, CASHIER'S CHECK OR CREDIT CARD ARE ACCEPTED. PERSONAL CHECKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
- Personal Recognizance or PR Bond
- When posting a PR bond the clerk will collect the appropriate PR fee required by the court. If the defendant violates this bond, and the court decides to execute for the entire amount of the bond, you can be responsible for payment of the bond until paid in full. This fee is non-refundable.
For an offense date prior to 10-16-09 and not a moving violation $85.00 For an offense date prior to 10-16-09 and is a moving violation $95.00 For an offense date after 10-16-09 and not a moving violation $100.00 For an offense date after 10-16-09 and is a moving violation $110.00
- $10% Bonds
- When posting a 10% bond the Clerk will collect 10% of the total bond plus the PR fee. Upon disposition of the case, the clerk will refund the bond money minus 10%.
- Cash Bonds
- When the court orders a cash bond, it is for the full amount of the bond.
- IF YOU CHOOSE TO HAVE YOUR MONEY PLACED IN THE DEFENDANT'S NAME, WE WILL NOT ISSUE A REFUND TO YOU IT WILL BE REFUNDED TO THE DEFENDANT.
- Bond money will be refunded after sentencing, dismissal or acquittal of charges. Make sure you have your identification. We will issue your refund by check only.
- Bond Revocations
- If the surety (individual or bonding company) wishes to revoke the bond, it must complete a revocation form supplied by this office. The defendant must be incarcerated in the Richland Co. Jail before any monies will be returned.
- If an attorney has been appointed for you by the Court, the Court may order you, pursuant to R. C. 2942.51(D) to repay court appointed counsel fees through the Clerk's office, which will be determined at the time of sentencing.