Frequently Asked Questions

How can I send money to a resident?
Cash or Money order through the mail. (C.A.C 597 Park Avenue East, Mansfield, OH 44905)

How much money can I bring/send?
Any Amount is acceptable.

What can I bring in for the residents?
Only medications (must be in original prescription bottles) or items listed on the personal property list.

Do you accept personal checks?
No, we only accept cash or money orders.

When is visitation?
Rooms 3-8; 2:00-3:00pm Saturdays
Rooms 11-18; 2:00-3:00pm Sundays

Rooms 22-28; 9:30-10:30am Saturdays
Rooms 29-36; 9:30-10:30am Sundays

What do I need to do to visit an resident?
Only for immediate family (includes: legally married spouses, Mother, Father, Children, Grandparents). The resident must have put you on his/her visitation List. You must bring a picture I.D. with you to visitation. All visitors must be dressed appropriately (no revealing attire can be worn during resident visitations.)

How long will I be able to visit?
Visitations are 60 minutes. Each resident gets one 60 minute visit per week.

Must my infant have an I.D.?

Can an resident call me?

Yes. residents have access to a phone from 6:00am to 11:00pm each day. We have a special jail phone system and all calls are collect, or resident may purchase calling cards.

The Richland County C.A.C has collect telephones in all housing units within the facility. Many questions have arisen about phone calls and what to do when a problem is encountered.

The resident phone system is provided and maintained by Securus Technologies. They may be contacted 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

Securustech Technologies

Do you accept incoming calls for residents?


Do you accept mail for the residents?

Yes, it must be sent through the U.S. Postal Service. All incoming mail should be addressed to the resident and mailed c/o Richland County C.A.C., 597 Avenue E, Mansfield, Ohio 44905. You must include your return address.

Can I bring in a letter for you to give to my friend?

No. All incoming mail must go through the U.S. Postal Service.

Can I send a package to my friend?

Yes. All incoming mail should be addressed to the resident and mailed c/o Richland County C.A.C., 597 Avenue E, Mansfield, Ohio 44905. You must include your return address.

Can residents write to people while they are in jail?

Yes. It must be sent out through the U.S. Postal Service.

Are religious services and counseling available?

Yes. Church service, bible study and minister visits are available in the Richland County Community Alternative Center.

Can I bring in items during the holidays for my family member?

No. We do not accept food or gifts during the holidays for residents.

Can residents continue their employment while they are at the C.A.C?

This is up to the judge and must be handled by the residents attorney or public defender through the Probation Department; and only after further authorization from C.A.C. administrative case managers.

Can residents receive their medications while they are in jail?

Yes. We residents can receive their personal medications, but they must be currently prescribed and in the original bottles, etc.

Can I send pictures to an resident?

Yes. residents are allowed a total of four pictures in their rooms. If an resident is found with pictures exceeding this limit, they will be placed in their personal property.

Provocative or inappropriate photos (determined by CAC administrative staff) may be placed in offender's personal property, but will not be permitted in their room.